Lenovo ThinkPad X61 battery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lenovo ThinkPad X61 battery

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wireless GPS Receiver Review.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Wireless GPS Receiver Review. Empty
PostSubject: Wireless GPS Receiver Review.   Wireless GPS Receiver Review. EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:13 pm

That is the tiny bluetooth GPS receiver i bought from Mobile Exciting Ltd, I bought this to plug to my O2 XDA 2i PDA but it cost around £ 55. I was intially shopping on google for cheap GPS receivers that came up as the cheaper. I thought at that price they shall be a catch, and a catch usually being very poor performance, but I was pleasantly impressed! This thing really works, and works well!
After searching for initial reviews during this device I saw very little other versus reviews from Mobile Wonderful Ltd, which I was shy to trust for anxiety about them being somewhat biased. I just thought for £ 40 I'll obtain a chance and so bought, all credit to Cell Fun the receiver arrived the really next morning. Upon opening the box I was a little bit of disappointed, all the there was in instructions was a minor sheet of paper that were loosely translated from Japanese to English by way of dyslexic toddler. You can download you manual from here as well as Tomtom pairing manual from here. After following these instructions you have it set up very fast. Another thing I noticed was there is no manufaturer's name or marks anywhere to the device or the products, which makes searching for support very difficult.
A nice touch on this little device is that must be supplied with a wide variety that is common to several Nokia phones (3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer variety, BL-5C), a quick search on ebay means that anyone can get replacement batteries for these receivers approximately £ 4 which is good to be aware of should you need one.
What's In The Package?
Bluetooth GPS Receiver x1 12v With Car Adapter (USB) x1 Essential Instructions x1 Battery x1 UNIVERSAL SERIES BUS Charging Cable x1
Application
Provided you follow the particular limited instructions for pairing utilizing your device, and the Tomtom build instructions, you should be launched and established in less than 5 a matter of minutes. I have only priced the receiver once since i have bought it about a pair of months ago, the battery just has a tendency to last forever! The supplied in van charger and USB cable suggests that the receiver can be charged relocating from a 12v source and can certainly be charged from any PERSONAL COMPUTER or laptop. From cold beginning the receiver aquires some sort of usuable GPS signal exremely fairly quickly, quicker than most on the really expensive GPS receivers that I've are in contact with. The device is extremely small that will easily fit into any space within your car, or even your pocket when you are using it for walks or cycling.
One small problem I did so have is that if you use it with my XDA 2i the Tomtom software would commonly freeze and cause me to quit the car, reboot this phone, then carry with my journey. At first I thought this was the effects of the XDA losing its reference to the bluetooth receiver so because of this confirming my fears about the asking price of this product. It quickly became visible that this was incorrect and it was in truth an issue with my PDA and therefore the Tomtom software.
I quickly discovered a workaround of this issue between the Tomtom program and my XDA that allows the whole system to be effective flawlessly. I shall write a 'how to' on that workaround shortly as I believe many other XDA 2i users share identical problem.
I do know that there are a known issue whenever using any bluetooth GPS receivers while using the O2 XDA 2 (note not XDA 2i) as a consequence of bluetooth stack settings that are shipped with the smartphone, please be aware with this before buying this device because you are sure to encounter conditions.
Key Features
Compatible by using TomTom, Navicore, and all major GPS computer applications. 12 parallel satellite-tracking pipes for fast acquisition and also reacquisition. Provides superior map-reading performance in city circumstances. Built-in rechargeable Lithium-polymer battery provides well over 10 hours of frequent use. Unit can be charged together with the included car charger while still utilised. Mini-USB charger compatiblty, charge but not just the Bluetooth GPS Receiver and compatible PDAs & Smart Phones aided by the same charger. 3 colours Took show the status of Bluetooth/GPS/Power activities of your device.
Specifications
GPS device: L1, C/A code, 12 pipes Tracking sensitivity: – 152dBm (average) and / or better Acquisition sensitivity: – 139dBm (average) and / or betterTTFF (Time to Initially Fix): Cold Start: 50s (average) and 60s (95% possibility) Heated Start: 35s (average) and 40s (95% possibility) Popular Start: 2s (minimum) and 6s (95% possibility) Ranking accuracy: Standard Positioning Company (SPS), WAAS (optional) 2DRMS: around. 5m Measurement data expenditure: Update time: 1 further NMEA output protocol: Sixth v. 3. 01 Baud quote: 38400 bps (8-N-1) Datum: WGS-84 Design: GGA, GSA, GSV, RMC Capability consumption: 75mA (average) Wireless: Bluetooth version 1. step 2 compliant Class 2 operations (up to 10 metre range) Serial Dock Profile (SPP) Output port: Type B Mini-USB (TTL Level) Antenna Style: Built in Patch Antenna Battery power: 3. 7V 850mAh Li-polymer variety, built-in charger LED: Capability (red), GPS (green), Wireless (blue) Dimension: 64(L) back button 39(W) x18. 5(H) mm Jogging temperature: -20° C ~ +60° F Storage temperature: -20° F ~ +60° C; Variety: -20° C ~ +45° F
Conclusion
A great little product that performs well beyond its price structure. Check if there is any known difficulties with your device and wireless GPS receivers before purchase as this can save you a lot of head pain. The only thing that lets this supplement down is a lessening of documentation and online support, other than this definitely worth the buy!
<! --StartFragment -->&nbsp; johnsreviews evaluation: 8/10
Back to top Go down
https://lenovo-thinkpad-x61.forumotion.com

Wireless GPS Receiver Review.
Page 1 of 1